Annual General Meeting
Previous Annual General Meetings
2016 Annual General MeetingThe 2016 Annual General Meeting of CanAgPlus, the owner and operator of the CanadaGAP® Program, will be held on Thursday, December 8, 2016 starting at 1:30 p.m. EST.
- Call for Nominations
- Location and Hotel Accommodations
- Election of Directors and Voting Policy
- The call-in number is 1-866-398-2885, passcode: 398160. Internet access is required for those who wish to participate in voting.
- Instructions will be sent to those who register for the web presentation. Use the registration form to sign up.
Hotel: If you require hotel accommodations, a block of rooms is available at a nearby hotel:
Best Western Plus Victoria Park Suites
377 O'Connor Street, Ottawa, K2P 2M2
Rate: $199 per night
Reservations: Please complete the hotel reservation form available here.
Reservation cut-off date to receive preferred rate: November 7
Please complete the AGM Participation Form and return to the CanadaGAP Office by November 7.
Let us know if you plan to attend in person, participate by phone/web presentation, or appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf.
Registration is free.
Each company or Group enrolled in CanadaGAP may identify one voting delegate for the AGM. This could be the person responsible for the operation, or the Group’s manager/coordinator. It could also be an appointed proxy who will vote on behalf of the company or Group.
An individual may be appointed as proxy by more than one company or Group.
If a member wishes to change their voting delegate or appointed proxy, they may do so by resubmitting the Participation Form, appropriately signed and dated.
Election of Directors:
Four director positions are up for election at the 2016 AGM. An open call for nominations was issued in June and nominations were accepted until August 31, 2016.
A Nominations Committee has recommended a shortlist of four candidates. Members can vote in advance on-line or by returning the voting ballot by mail. Deadline is November 7, 2016.
Click here for the candidates’ biographies.
- To be eligible to vote in the election, members must have their account with CanadaGAP in good standing and must have signed the membership agreement with CanAgPlus. (If in doubt, please confirm with CanadaGAP at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-829-4711).
- Member voting is optional. Those who do not wish to participate may opt out.
- If a company or Group enrolled in CanadaGAP is not sending a delegate to the meeting or appointing a proxy to vote on their behalf, they may still vote in advance on-line or by mailed-in ballot.
- Members will receive paper ballots by mail or can vote on-line at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B9ZTB87.The deadline for advanced voting is November 7, 2016.
- Voters must identify themselves in order for their ballot to be validated. The following will be confirmed:
- that you are a member in good standing of CanAgPlus
- that only one ballot has been cast in your company/Group’s name
- that your ballot is correctly weighted according to your enrolment option
- The Voting Policy and Procedures for the AGM are available here.
The following business is to be transacted at the AGM:
- Presentation of the 2015-2016 Financial Statements
- Adoption of Minutes from 2015 AGM
- Appointment of the Public Accountant
- Annual Report
- Election of four directors
CanadaGAP program participants are encouraged to review the resolutions, which will be discussed and voted on December 8, 2016 at the Annual General Meeting of CanAgPlus, the corporation that owns and operates the CanadaGAP Program.Resolutions are submitted by CanAgPlus members in advance of the AGM. The submission deadline was November 7.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for the AGM. If you’re interested in becoming an event sponsor, please contact CanadaGAP at 613-829-4711 or email: email@example.com.