CanAgPlus, the not-for-profit corporation that owns and operates the CanadaGAP® Program, holds an Annual General Meeting each year. The meeting is usually held in December. Further communication regarding the date and location is sent out in summer once that information is finalized.
General information on past AGMs is available on our past AGMs page. If you would like to see minutes or financial statements, you must be a member of CanAgPlus, as those documents are available on the Members Only section of our website. If you do not know the log in information, please contact the CanadaGAP office.
The following business is generally transacted at the AGM:
- Presentation of the previous year’s Financial Statements
- Adoption of Minutes from previous AGM
- Appointment of the Public Accountant
- Presentation of the Annual Report
- Election of directors
For more information and policies that apply for the CanAgPlus AGM, please click on the following topics below.
- Please register in advance if you wish to attend the AGM. Let us know if you plan to attend in person, participate by phone/web presentation, or appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf.
- Registration is free.
- Each company or Group enrolled in CanadaGAP may identify one voting delegate for the AGM. This could be the person responsible for the operation, or the Group’s manager/coordinator. It could also be an appointed proxy who will vote on behalf of the company or Group.
- An individual may be appointed as proxy by more than one company or Group.
- If a member wishes to change their voting delegate or appointed proxy, they may do so by resubmitting the Participation Form, appropriately signed and dated.
- Typically, four director positions are up for election at the AGM.
- An open call for nominations is issued in June and nominations are accepted until August 31.
- A Nominations Committee recommends a shortlist of candidates. Members can vote in advance on-line, or by mail.
- To be eligible to vote in the election, members must have their account with CanadaGAP in good standing and must have signed the membership agreement with CanAgPlus. (If in doubt, please confirm with CanadaGAP at email@example.com or 613-829-4711).
- Member voting is optional. Those who do not wish to participate may opt out.
- If a company or Group enrolled in CanadaGAP is not sending a delegate to the meeting or appointing a proxy to vote on their behalf, they may still vote in the election of directors in advance of the meeting.
- Members can vote by mail or vote on-line.
- Voters must identify themselves in order for their ballot to be validated. The following will be confirmed:
- that you are a member in good standing of CanAgPlus
- that only one ballot has been cast in your company/Group’s name
- that your ballot is correctly weighted according to your enrolment option.
- Once confirmed, identifying information will be separated from your ballot. Ballots will be treated as anonymous and only the results tallied for presentation at the AGM.
The Voting Policy and Procedures for the AGM are available here.
- Resolutions can be submitted by CanAgPlus members in advance of the AGM.
- Resolutions will be reviewed for compliance with the CanAgPlus Resolution Policy and approved by the Resolutions Committee.