Program participants may pay their annual program fee using one of the following methods:
- By cheque – mail to the CanadaGAP office at:
- 245 Menten Place, Suite 312, Ottawa ON K2H 9E8
- By credit card (Visa or Mastercard) – call the CanadaGAP office at 613-829-4711 to provide card details or leave a message and we will contact you to obtain your credit card information
- By wire transfer or direct deposit – email the CanadaGAP office at email@example.com to receive the necessary information
Invoices are sent out annually to program participants on the anniversary of their enrolment. A receipt will be sent electronically or in paper format (if email address is not available) once the payment has been received. Audit fees and auditor travel expenses are billed separately by the certification body and must be paid directly by program participants to their certification body.
The annual program fee can be paid in U.S. dollars (USD), and the USD fee is adjusted to reflect the difference in value between Canadian and U.S. currencies. The annual program fees payable in USD can be found on the ‘costs’ page. Operations wishing to pay the annual program fee in USD are required to use the enrolment form specific to U.S. funds.
Participants can voluntarily terminate their participation from the Program without cause. The authorized contact person must inform CanadaGAP directly in writing of any change in status (e.g., failed audit, withdrawal or suspension of certificate, delay in certification, crop failure, etc.). Refunds or credits must be requested in writing.
- Refunds: Should the operation withdraw from the program (e.g., after a failed audit), upon request the Annual Program Fee is refundable to the authorized contact less a $100 processing fee, provided a written request (email or mail) is received within nine (9) months from the date of receipt of payment. Please note in that case, membership in the corporation that operates the CanadaGAP Program (CanAgPlus) will be revoked effective immediately. That is, an operation will not be considered a CanAgPlus member in good standing and will forfeit all member rights (including the right to participate and vote in the annual general meeting, elect directors, etc.).
- Credits: Alternatively, should an operation decide to postpone certification (e.g., after a crop failure), upon request the Annual Program Fee can be applied as a credit for one year. Please note in that case, membership in the corporation that operates the CanadaGAP Program (CanAgPlus) will be suspended for the current year and will resume in the subsequent year. That is, for the current year, the operation will forfeit member rights to participate and vote in the CanAgPlus annual general meeting, elect directors, and other such rights and duties of members. Full membership status will be restored the following year, when the Annual Program Fee is applied.
- The CHC Charge of $50 collected annually by CanadaGAP for the Canadian Horticultural Council (CHC) cannot be refunded or applied as a credit under any circumstances. For those enrolled in option A1, A2, A3, B or C, the charge is due annually for the duration of operation’s enrolment in CanadaGAP, regardless of certification status.
Operations should keep CanadaGAP informed of their status, by contacting the CanadaGAP office.