In order to assist as much as possible with program implementation, CanadaGAP® has developed various tools to aid those who are interested with further training on the program.
Training Resources for Producers
Understanding the CanadaGAP Program Course
CanadaGAP has developed course materials for an introductory two-day course. It includes general information about the CanadaGAP program, including details on how to become CanadaGAP certified, along with a review of the main technical requirements laid out in the CanadaGAP program. At the end of the program, a participant will be able to:
- Understand how to become certified to the CanadaGAP program (including how to enrol in the program, how to keep records, how to prepare for an audit, etc.)
- Understand basic food safety hazards in fresh produce operations
- Understand how to use and implement the CanadaGAP manual
These courses are offered publicly or privately through training providers, not through the CanadaGAP program. If CanadaGAP is aware of any course offerings, these would be listed in our Calendar of Events. If you are interested in offering the “Understanding” course, please contact the CanadaGAP office.
Many printable resources to help with producer training are available on the CanadaGAP website. These include:
- Signs and posters on hand washing, employee illness policies, etc. These are available in English and French as well as bilingually with Spanish.
- Factsheets that address many common questions related to record keeping, water testing, equipment cleaning, etc.
- Handouts for employees and U-pick customers on personal hygiene.
- Other resources, including an implementation timeline tool, and a guide for creating an employee handbook.
To access these resources, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Frequently Asked Questions section of the CanadaGAP page has well over 100 FAQs on subjects ranging from certification, audit scheduling, and corrective actions, to technical questions on topics common to many operations. To visit the FAQs, click here. Alternatively, use the ‘Search’ function of the website to search for a key word.
Auditor Training Course
This course is designed to train potential auditors specifically to understand the CanadaGAP program requirements. Auditors are trained in courses offered by a training provider approved by CanadaGAP, using materials that have been developed by CanadaGAP. For those wishing for a deeper understanding of the program, this course provides more detailed information on the CanadaGAP standard and how it should be implemented and audited.
For more information on the CanadaGAP Auditor Training Course, visit the Auditors page.
Training Resources for Auditors
Please visit the Auditors page for additional information on training resources for auditors, such as:
- CanadaGAP Auditor Training Course
- Ongoing Auditor Training Notes
- Tools for Auditors
- Corrective Action Requests Procedures