CanadaGAP has published a number of materials on its website to assist CanadaGAP-certified companies that supply produce to the U. S market determine how they may be impacted by the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (U.S. FDA).
The following resources have been developed and provided on the CanadaGAP website:
- Information for Canadian exporters to the United States about the Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- Comparison of CanadaGAP requirements with the U.S. FDA Produce Safety Rule
- Does the U.S. FDA Preventive Controls Rule apply to my operation?
- Links to the following external sources:
- Implementation timeframes for the Produce Safety Rule
- Does the Produce Safety Rule apply to my operation? (flow chart published by U.S. FDA: Coverage and Exemptions/Exclusions for 21 Part 112)
To access these resources, go to the section for “FSMA Resources” on the Food Safety Links webpage at https://www.canadagap.ca/tools/food-safety-links/
For more information, please contact the CanadaGAP office.