CanadaGAP is pleased to announce the publication of its Annual Report. The 2017 report:
- provides a summary of the year’s activities
- highlights the program audit and participation trends
- offers a preview of objectives and plans for 2018.
A copy is available for download at: https://www.canadagap.ca/publications/annual-report/.
The report will be presented at the upcoming CanAgPlus Annual General Meeting on Wednesday, December 6, 2017. Click here for more information about the AGM.
This year has seen a couple of important changes in CanadaGAP staffing:
- Long-time Program Administrator, Elizabeth Laska, retired on December 1, 2017 after nine years of dedicated service. We wish her the very best in her retirement!
- CanadaGAP is pleased to welcome Samantha Townsend as our new Program Administrator.
- Justine Payne started working with CanadaGAP this summer in a new position of Auditor Coordinator. Justine manages activities such as auditor training, new auditor approvals, refresher testing, and other functions related to ensuring CanadaGAP auditor competency.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions at:
245 Menten Place, Suite 312
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
CanadaGAP® is a national, voluntary food safety program consisting of standards and a certification system for the safe production and handling of fresh fruits and vegetables. The program is officially recognized by the Government of Canada and by GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative). Two manuals, one specific to greenhouse operations, the second for other fruit and vegetable operations, have been developed by the horticultural industry and reviewed for technical soundness by Canadian government officials. The CanadaGAP manuals are designed for companies implementing Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs) in their fruit and vegetable production, packing and storage operations; for repackers and wholesalers implementing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and HACCP programs; and for produce brokers following supplier management and traceability best practices.