Updated versions of the CanadaGAP Food Safety Manuals have now been released.
- Fruit and Vegetable Manual, Version 7.1
- Greenhouse Manual, Version 7.1
For certification purposes, the new manuals take effect on April 1, 2018. A corresponding update to the CanadaGAP audit checklist will be issued prior to that effective date.
Resources on the CanadaGAP website: To facilitate the transition to the updated manuals, the following resources can be found at: https://www.canadagap.ca/manuals/downloads/
- The updated manuals (free download)
- A document outlining the main changes to the manuals
- Revisions documents tracking the changes from previous versions of the manuals
- A document summarizing commodity-specific differences
- A chart outlining which sections of the manual are applicable to different types of operations (i., production, packing, storing, repacking, wholesaling, brokerage)
- Section 2: There is a new requirement for recording the production site assessment, including a new Form.
- Section 6: Changes were made to ensure communication occurs between parties responsible for Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs).
- Section 23: Information regarding the ‘recall team’ has been moved from Appendix S (Recall Program) into the manual. Names and contact information for each member of the recall team (including recall coordinators and recall team members) are now required to be recorded.
The majority of remaining revisions to the manuals are editorial in nature, to clarify or further explain existing requirements.
Updating your manual for 2018: Please watch for a more detailed communication in the coming week to help you with updating your manual.
HACCP Models: CanadaGAP maintains seven separate generic HACCP models, which are available to members on the CanadaGAP website.
Questions? Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org