To comply with GFSI Version 2020 Benchmarking Requirements, CanadaGAP is publishing a mid-season update to the CanadaGAP Program Management Manual. Version 8.1 of the CanadaGAP Program Management Manual takes effect immediately (November 1, 2020) and will remain in effect until March 31, 2021.
Component 3, which describes in detail how the certification program operates, is now available on the CanadaGAP website on the last tab of the ‘Becoming Certified’ page. Select the last item entitled “Management System Manual”.
Interim Changes to the CanadaGAP Program Management Manual
Version 8.1 includes changes that must be implemented before the end of 2020 to comply with benchmarking to GFSI Version 2020, including:
- Removing all references to the GFSI Knowledge Exam
- Introducing more precise normative references regarding the scope of accreditation and certification (see Section 126.96.36.199.7 ii)
- Adding a requirement regarding determination of unannounced audits based on risk for Option B (see Appendix III.1, Section 5.2.3 o) iv)
- Incorporating references to Appendix III.3 within the multi-site and group certification sampling requirements.
Other minor changes incorporated into Version 8.1 at the same time include:
- Updated references to the previously announced Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Section 1.1: New program objective resulting from the July 2020 Management Review
- Section 188.8.131.52: New requirement to include “MULTI-SITE” on certificates issued to multi-site operations
- Section 184.108.40.206.1 o): Clarification relative to the certified company’s address(es) on CanadaGAP certificates
- Section 220.127.116.11.1 p): A disclaimer regarding the need to adjust regular processes under extraordinary circumstances (such as the COVID-19 pandemic)
- Component 4: References to online/virtual delivery of the CanadaGAP Auditor Training course
- Section 18.104.22.168: A minimum duration for the CanadaGAP auditor training program delivered by approved training providers.
For a summary of changes, click here. If you have any questions, contact the CanadaGAP office by calling 613-829-4711 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.