CanadaGAP is accepting nominations for candidates to serve on the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC). The committee composition focuses on bringing together individuals with food safety knowledge and expertise.
The function of the committee is to provide technical advice on potential changes impacting the food safety requirements of the CanadaGAP Program.
The TAC is comprised of a Chair and between 6 and 9 members who are appointed by the CanAgPlus Board of Directors by December 31 each year. Members will serve terms of one or two years, as determined by the Board of Directors.
Applications are now being sought by any person meeting elements of the membership criteria (see below). Please submit information about your background and experience (including a curriculum vitae) to assist the Board of Directors in their review of your credentials and expertise.
Applications will be accepted until November 15, 2022. All nominations must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, contact the CanadaGAP office at 613-829-4711 or email@example.com.
CanadaGAP Technical Advisory Committee Membership Criteria
The Board of Directors for the CanadaGAP program will use the criteria below in considering applicants. Applicants must meet at least two of the following criteria to be considered for appointment to the TAC:
- Food safety knowledge, education and technical expertise, especially related to fresh produce production and handling (packing, storage, repacking and wholesale)
- Knowledge of and experience in a range of fresh fruit and vegetable production and handling processes
- Familiarity with production and handling processes within specific crops (vegetable, potato, greenhouse, small fruit, tree and vine fruit) and activities (packing, repacking, wholesaling, etc.)
- Expertise in application of the audit checklist(s) and/or the self-assessment checklist (e.g., working with operations preparing for audits, using the documents for internal audits, etc.)
- Familiarity with the issues that arise from the implementation of the CanadaGAP manuals, audit checklist(s) and self-assessment checklist
- Working experience with the CanadaGAP manuals, audit checklist(s), self-assessment checklist, and auditor training materials.
Applications may be submitted by any person meeting elements of the membership criteria above. The applicant may come from any organization or stakeholder group, and from any region. Applicants are not required to be supported by a provincial or national horticultural association, member or affiliate, nor are they expected to represent any region or particular affiliation. Members will be appointed and will serve entirely on their own merits.
The applicant is required to provide information about their background and experience (including their curriculum vitae) to assist the Board of Directors in their review of the applicant’s credentials and expertise.
Deadline to receive nominations: November 15, 2022
Send nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org