May 2nd, 2023 at 11:41 am
Essential Food Safety will be offering the CanadaGAP Auditor Training course live online June 5, 6 & 14-16, 2023. Register early to avoid disappointment!
|· In English
· June 5, 6 & 14-16, 2023
· 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (EDT)
· Cost: $1575.00 + HST
· Register by visiting: https://www.essentialfoodsafety.ca/register/p/canadagap-auditor-training-course
What does the course offer?
- Intensive review of CanadaGAP manual requirements
- Practical examples specific to commodity or region, HACCP component and optional module on auditing repacking and wholesaling operations
- Digital copies of the course materials, virtual training and pre-exam review
How will the exams be administered?
- The exams (CanadaGAP Auditor Exam, HACCP Exam (optional) and Repacking and Wholesaling Exam (optional)) will be available to write online in a proctored setting after the course is complete. Exam details and proctoring information will be made available before the end of the course.
- Note: there is extra cost to take the exam online (cost covers proctoring fee per exam). Course registration does not include exam proctoring fees.
What are the system requirements to participate in the training?
- Computer (Windows or macOS)
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in, USB plug-in
Who should take this course?
- Those interested in becoming CanadaGAP auditors
- Group internal auditors conducting on-site audits for CanadaGAP group certification
- Those conducting internal audits in preparation for CanadaGAP certification
- Those responsible for the food safety program within your company
- Program participants who want to further their understanding of CanadaGAP requirements
- Consultants, buyers or other stakeholders
What are the pre-qualifying requirements?
- Familiarize yourself with the CanadaGAP Food Safety Manual in advance of the training
- Successfully complete the pre-course assignment and submit it at least ten business days before the course starts
- It is preferable for trainees to have completed applicable pre-requisite courses (HACCP training and training in audit techniques) prior to taking CanadaGAP auditor training. Review the CanadaGAP auditor qualifications and requirements.
- Contact the certification body you want to work for to understand their auditor qualification process
What’s in it for me?
Understand how to use the CanadaGAP manuals and their requirements
- Identify how to use the CanadaGAP audit checklist
- Describe the hazards associated with fresh produce
- Recognize the basic responsibilities of being an auditor and review basic auditing skills
- Understand the basics of HACCP
- Discuss principles of risk assessment and how they apply to CanadaGAP audits
- Explain various pieces of legislation that affect Canadian operations
- Understand how to read and interpret different kinds of records and documents
Need more information?
For course information: