Availability of Audit Providers
CanadaGAP audits and certification are available from a number of service providers.
CanadaGAP has recently announced two new certification bodies who are now licensed to offer CanadaGAP audits: TSLC and dicentra. These new service providers join our three other certification bodies who have been offering CanadaGAP audits for several years.
Program participants may choose among any of the above five service providers to have their CanadaGAP audit completed.
For program participants who supply Costco, we are pleased to confirm that all five CanadaGAP certification bodies have recently been approved by Costco to verify their suppliers against the Costco addendum in conjunction with CanadaGAP audits. Please contact your certification body for more information.
For CanadaGAP program participants who were previously audited and certified by Perry Johnson Registrars Food Safety, Inc. (PJRFSI) we wish to remind you that PJRFSI is no longer providing services for CanadaGAP. As of March 12, 2023, program participants whose last certification was issued by PJRFSI should transfer to another service provider. Please contact the CanadaGAP office if assistance is required to transfer your file.
CanadaGAP certification bodies have different service offerings and may charge different fees for their service, so we recommend you contact them for further details on what they have to offer. Some useful questions to ask include:
- Which regions or provinces do they operate in? Do they have auditors in your area?
- If the auditor will have to travel, where is the auditor coming from? How much does the certification body charge for the auditor’s travel time and expenses?
- Will an audit be scheduled to occur in conjunction with others nearby, so that auditor travel costs can be shared?
- How much does an audit cost? Is it an hourly rate, a half or full day rate?
- What other fees do they charge – for example, if the audit takes longer than planned, or if there is follow-up required on corrective action requests?
- Is an administrative fee charged to issue the certificate?
- How will communication occur? Will the auditor email or call?
- Will the audit report and certificate be mailed or emailed? Make clear your preferences.
- Are there features of the certification body’s service that distinguish it from their competitors?
- Do they offer discounts? Do they offer additional services?
Seeking New CanadaGAP Auditors
CanadaGAP auditors work directly for our licensed certification bodies. Some auditors are employees of the certification body; others work as contractors. In many cases, auditors work for more than one certification body.
** Auditors urgently needed **
All CanadaGAP audit and certification providers are actively recruiting for new auditors. If you are interested or know someone who would have an interest in qualifying as a CanadaGAP auditor, please get in touch with CanadaGAP or the certification body of your choice.
For more information:
Questions for CanadaGAP? Contact us at email@example.com or 613-829-4711.